New Discussion юеВ

Re: Macromedia, x-director & Fedora

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

Good point ;)

My apologies, I mis-understood some of the thread.

after reading through a few posts here and there, it appears as if Macromedia are not playing nice! There doesn't appear to be any Shockwave plugin for Linux.

Sorry. Wine+IE6?

NOTE: Shockwave's are created using Macromedia Director, i.e. x-director, as against Macromedia Flash's, i.e. x-shockwave-flash.

NOTE2: http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-5170061.html?tag=st_lh : Whether that means good stuff or not is a different question..
One long-haired git at your service...
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

So basically what I am beginning to see is that Linux isn't really quite there as a general home replacement for M$ at this time since there isn't really support for all of the web content that the general home user would be likely to come across on their journeys down the information super-highway.

I was going to play with the Wine idea only to get some of the learning software that my daughter currently owns and uses to work, not to plague myself with M$ Internet Exploder all over again.

Perhaps I will just have to wait a bit longer for all of the potholes to be filled before I can kick M$ out of the house...

How disappointing :-(

Thanks for the input from those brave souls that have attacked this for me. Fear not. I will assign points to this thread, but I will have to do some soul searching to figure out exactly how to award them since the basic issue can't be resolved at this time.

Warm Regards,
John

PS I am still open to suggestions from anybody who may have a brainstorm on this.
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855
broadway

John,

Can you provide a link of the page(s) you are trying to view? I'd like to test it on my Fedora box.

Thanks,
-joe
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Joe,

The links are above. There are several of them in this thread, but the ones that I am having the most problems with are the ones on the Cartoon Network site. If you can provide a solution, I am all ears...
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855