Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandrake 9.1

C.S.
Occasional Visitor

Mandrake 9.1

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. I'm using Mandrake 9.1 on my Compaq Presario S3200NX and I'm having trouble with the graphics. They all look like badly done GIFs; colors don't blend as well as they should, and there are lots of dots and it's kind of blotchy, but when I try to send someone a screenshot of what it looks like, it looks normal on their computer. I didn't have this problem when I was using Windows XP, but I don't have Windows on this computer anymore. Can someone help me fix this? Thanks very much!
5 REPLIES
Caesar_3
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mandrake 9.1

Hello!

Looks like some problem with graphic driver,
check for new version of the driver.

Caesar
C.S.
Occasional Visitor

How do I know what driver to use? I don't know what video card I have.
Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor

you can find your videocard model

1) in MS Windows control panel

2) on HP site or http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/compaq.html

Regards, Vitaly
C.S.
Occasional Visitor

I don't have Windows on this computer anymore and that site didn't have my Presario model on it.
Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor

oops! of course, it's desktop and not laptop!

as you can learn from http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_detail/product_detail_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0036808080.1056273678@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccehadcijfjidifcfngcfkmdfondfgf.0&product_code=DC479A%23ABA&tab=detailed_specs&browse_link=true&#defaultAnchor

it has Integrated ProSavageDDR KM266 graphics.

So you can:

1) check Savage-related info on Mandrake site
2) the same on XFree86 site
3) try to configure XFree using some Savage driver or "general" XVGA driver

Vitaly