1752393 Members
6478 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Microsoft's politics

asfd szdf

Microsoft's politics

I can't believe the way how Microsoft treats the EU and Japan. It's funny that you can order the VS beta in Vietnam or Chile and many other countries (I bet Bill Gates and the other headers who decide those things haven't ever even heard about many of them), but You can't order it in the EU or Japan.
And the even more funny thing is that most of the developed countries which it doesn't show any care about still order Microsoft products when they could replace most of it with Suse or Borland or the products of many other companies.
I wonder how much more profit Microsoft makes from Peru than from Germany and the many other countries it doesn't care about.
I hope this effor will enlight the politics and managers who decides about what software they should order, but well, actually I know it won't. But at least we, the citizens microsoft doesnt care about can do something about that, when decide which software we buy from which company. We mustn't make a company, which doesn't care at all about us, stronger and richer!
2 REPLIES 2
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Re: Microsoft's politics

Some of these export restrictions stem back from the treaty agreements put in place at the end of the War. Unless modified for current use, the US Gov't restricts most of what and where software/hardware companies can export their products to.

http://www.bxa.doc.gov/policiesandregulations/index.htm

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
asfd szdf

Re: Microsoft's politics

There's nothing about it.