1752397 Members
5856 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Migration disque Windows 2000 server

Leonard MOR
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Igor, this was what I was looking for. I have a Ghost (version 8) and the idea of setting up a Ghost server appeals to me.

In any case I am currently working on a generalised solution for saving server images on a (RedHat) file server using BART PE CD and a ghost type application so your idea fits neatly into this.

Of course a disk to disk solution would be simpler since I could it onsite. Yours would imply bringing the server back to do the upgrade in house.

Cheers
Ken wanderer
Trusted Contributor

To Roger,
I didn't use any program to install the larger drives, just created a new drive out of the extra space with Microsofts disk manager program already on the system.
I don't know if it is possible to expand the drives and didn't want to try. We did transfer some files over to the new virtual drive. A batch file may be needed to re-point the shared links.
There is also a program free from Microsoft called Diskpart?
Ken
Work Smarter Not Harder
Ken wanderer
Trusted Contributor

Igor,
You are right, my apologies to all, this was on a ML350, I have an ML 330 also, but I mirror the drive on that server.
Ken
Work Smarter Not Harder
Leonard MOR
Frequent Advisor

For general information, I set up the second SCSI disk on the same controller and used the PowerQuest utility PQIMGCTR.EXE to do a disk to disk copy and change the partition size at the same time.

Worked like a charm.

Thanks all.
Leonard MOR
Frequent Advisor

Used PowerQuest PQIMGCTR.EXE utility.