New Discussion юеВ

Re: Migration oracle from tru64 to hpux

SOLVED
Go to solution
marshal_4
Advisor

Hi Yogeeraj,

Where can i found the metalink note 113178.1. Sorry im quite new in databases.

Thanks,
Marshal
want some guts learn HPUX
marshal_4
Advisor

Hi Yogeeraj,

Follow up question. I have allocated 2gb for each tablespaces in my source database will this mean that if i pre create the tablespaces in my target database i should also allocate 2gb (or more)each?

Do i also have to pre create the datafiles?

Thanks a lot,
Marshal
want some guts learn HPUX
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Attached is the note 113178.1

If you have a login to oracle Metalink, then login and enter the note number in the search place and it will fetch for you.

IA
Never give up, Keep Trying
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

<>

OracleMetaLink is Oracle Support Services' premier web support service. OracleMetaLink is FREE for Oracle customers with current product support contracts. OracleMetaLink leverages the Internet for quick and immediate access to technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. OracleMetaLink allows you to access support whenever and wherever you need so you can enhance productivity and minimize business disruption.

http://metalink.oracle.com

FOr more information about the access to this Oracle SUpport site, see:
http://www.oracle.com/support/metalink/index.html

You should have a Support Identifier to be able to register to this site.

Regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

<< Follow up question. I have allocated 2gb for each tablespaces in my source database will this mean that if i pre create the tablespaces in my target database i should also allocate 2gb (or more)each?

Do i also have to pre create the datafiles?>>

You need only to pre-create the tablespaces only (the datafiles will be automatically created during this process).

I would not create 2GB tablespaces. I would create locally managed tablespaces (SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE, XLARGE) with uniform extent sizes and if possible review the tablespaces that currently being used by the tables.

regards
Yogeeraj

No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)