General

Missing OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS fileset - HP-UX 11.31

SOLVED
Go to solution
allunix
Occasional Contributor

Missing OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS fileset - HP-UX 11.31

Hello,
We have inherited 5 HP-UX 11.31 nodes that we need to update. All nodes should be identical, but on one node when trying to install latest QPK the pre-analysis reports: “The corequisite “PHSS_44731.CORE-SHLIBS,fa=HP-UX_B.11.31_IA/PA” for fileset …. “. is missing. Indeed the PHCO_44582.CORE-SHLIBS fileset is missing - only on this node -, therefore also 44731 will not be installed. When trying to reinstall the PHCO_44582 patch, the pre-analysis says that the CORE-SHLIBS fileset will be skipped.
----------------------
The patch fileset “PHCO_44582.CORE-SHLIBS,r=1.0” may only be
installed upon a previously installed base fileset. The
specification for this base fileset is
“OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS,fr=B.11.31,v=HP”. Since there is no
fileset on the target or selected from the source which
matches this specification, fileset
“PHCO_44582.CORE-SHLIBS,r=1.0” will be excluded.
---------------------

Latest installed bundles on node:
HWEnable11i B.11.31.1603.422 Hardware Enablement Patches for HP-UX 11i v3, March 2016
QPKAPPS B.11.31.1903.440b Applications Patches for HP-UX 11i v3, Mar 2019
QPKBASE B.11.31.1903.440b Base Quality Pack Bundle for HP-UX 11i v3, Mar 2019

Anyone has a good idea how to install OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS fileset or provide a hint to this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
allunix
Occasional Contributor

Re: Missing OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS fileset - HP-UX 11.31

Comparing the file on a healthy node and this, all files installed by the OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS fileset are present on the node, so it seem it is just a configurationissue for the software manager.
The /var/adm/sw/products/OS-Core/CORE-SHLIBS directory is missing, but this could be copied from a healthy node, making sure the INDEX is cleaned from applied patches and reinstall those.
Does this sound good, can it be confirmed, am I misisng some steps?

allunix
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: Missing OS-Core.CORE-SHLIBS fileset - HP-UX 11.31