3870 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Mozilla 1.7.13 problems with plugins

Herbert Simon
Advisor

Mozilla 1.7.13 problems with plugins

Hello out there in the space.
We get "magic" issues with plugins loaded by MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH.
I set MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH for acroread, flash, java, PView(3dViewer) in different order or only part of them ( business requierment ). Mozilla write a file $HOME/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat which include the plugin order and description. Unfortunately the content of the file is depending from previours start of Mozilla and setting of MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH. The result is, that some plugins are missing, some get a wrong MIME type definition and a wrong order ( default plugin first )
The setting "application.use_ns_finder" has NO effect.

How to bring Mozilla to use dynamically ( following MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH )defined plugins????

Thanks in advance
Karsten
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Mozilla 1.7.13 problems with plugins

Any reason you are using mozilla instead of firefox?
Herbert Simon
Advisor

Hey Dennis!

Thanks for reading this thread :-)

Well, I├В┬┤m working for AIRBUS Germany. It├В┬┤s a "conflict" by requierments of some big software supliers like PTC/Dassault Systems. This companies only support this very old Mozilla version for thier software ( Windchill / CATIA )
I know, firefox will solve a lot of issues but I have no chance to change the predefined Mozilla version.

For my point of view it├В┬┤s a BUG that MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH don├В┬┤t work propper. But who will/can change this??

regards
Karsten
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

For my point of view it├В┬┤s a BUG that MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH don├В┬┤t work proper.

All I know about MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH is that I had to set it when I added mozex and saw it in the Linux documentation.

I assume you know about the URL: about:plugins
I don't think I needed to set it for acroread since it was an application not a plugin.