Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mozilla Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeff Ohlhausen
Frequent Advisor

Mozilla Question

Hi,
I just downloaded the 1.7.11 release of Mozilla. I had a previous version that was installed and showed up when I did the:
rpm -qa |grep mozilla
I removed the old version using rpm -e and installed the new version following the instructions (mozilla-installer). However, when I do rpm -qa now it doesn't show up. It is installed however.

My question is:
1. how do I get it to show up with the rpm -qa
2. how do I get it so when I type in 'which mozilla' the correct location shows up?
Thanks
Jeff
Do or do not - there is no try.
2 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Mozilla Question

1- You won't see mozilla in rpm -qa unless it is a rpm package. If you install any software by other means instead of using rpm -ivh, it won't be added to the rpm database, and you can't query the software (or run any rpm command on it).

2- You need to configure the mozilla installation directory in your path, where the binary is located.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Jeff Ohlhausen
Frequent Advisor

Re: Mozilla Question

Hi,
Thanks for the great answer. Got it all fixed up!

Jeff
Do or do not - there is no try.