Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mozilla on Linux hppa

Javier Ramirez_1
Frequent Advisor

Mozilla on Linux hppa

Hi All,
Does anyone know why mozilla doesn't work on Debian 3.0 HPPA?. I always get a core dump.
Same happens with Ethereal and other Linux-HPPA-Debian applications.

Many Thanks In Advance
4 REPLIES
Jerome Henry
Honored Contributor

Re: Mozilla on Linux hppa

It's buggy... everybody complains, ask debian maintainer for the reason...
Confirm bug here :
http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mozilla-snapshot.html
From debain site, it was said in april that the bug was corrected. I do not know your exact package version, check here to see if there is a newer :
http://www.debian.org/ports/hppa/

Otherwise, Galeon is said to be working fine.
hope this help (nice new thread !)
J
You can lean only on what resists you...
Javier Ramirez_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi All,
I've tried galeon and it doesn't work too. I get a core dump (crash).
Any ideas?
My workstation is a Visualize B180L with 256MB of memory.

Many Thanks
Bruno Vidal
Respected Contributor

Hi,
Sorry but you are speaking about HPPA linux, and it is not yet a really stable version, lots of libc/X bugs are still under investigation. And right, mozilla is a bit too much buggy. I think there is not too much to do (you can still helps in debugging HPPA linux).

Good luck.
John Meissner
Esteemed Contributor

I'm running Red Hat 7.3, 8.0, and 9 on 3 differnet machines... Mozilla works fine on them.... but... I usually install Netscape anyway... it just looks nicer.
All paths lead to destiny