New Discussion юеВ

Re: Multimedia Audio Controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andre_29
Occasional Contributor

Multimedia Audio Controller

Hello,

I have a Pavilion ze5185, which comes with Windows XP Home Edition. I installed Windows XP Professional Edition (in other language than English) and the "Multimedia Audio Controller" driver is not working anymore. I followed the "Readme" instructions, but the installation of the driver results in an error. What's wrong?

Is there any difference between a driver for Windows XP Home (English) and Windows XP Professional (other languages)? What can I do to correct this issue?

Thank you, Andre.
5 REPLIES 5
Andre_29
Occasional Contributor

Oh, the modem is not working too, and I get the same error when installing the driver that comes in "CD Restore #1". What's wrong?

~ Andre
Khalid A. Al-Tayaran
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi,

In WinXP Home locate your audio drivers (and others if needed). Then Reboot to WinXP Pro. and select the same drivers you found in XP home. The language has no effect on device audio device drivers.
Andre_29
Occasional Contributor

mmhm.. the problem is I formated my computer before install Windows XP Professional. Is there another way to do this? Do you have these drivers? Anybody here has these drivers?

Thank you, Andre.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Andre:

I'm confident the drivers are on your Recovery Disk. Try booting from it and see if it leads you to a solution.

Or, go to Device Manager and delete the problematic devices, then reboot, insert the recovery disk, and when the devices are re-detected, point the system to the recovery disk for the drivers. I hope this helps.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Khalid A. Al-Tayaran
Valued Contributor

Hi,

go to http://www.driverzone.com and try to find your device and download the proper driver.