5852 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Multipathing for linux dy used HPD mapper

mas1
Advisor

Multipathing for linux dy used HPD mapper

Hi my friends
I want install multipathing on oracle linux 4U7 for use Bl460c and EVA 8000.
I install Qlogic driver on my server but still multiple vdisks.
I use from multi path mapper for linux software.In document proper this software,
dictum /etc/multipath.conf is configure.But by defult do not exist this file and multipathd deamon or service on OS.
Please help me.
Thanks Regards
7 REPLIES 7
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Multipathing for linux dy used HPD mapper

Use the hp provided driver and enable multipath support by running /opt/hp/src/hp_qla2x00src/set_parm.

See the attached file.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
mas1
Advisor

Thank you for your answer.
In this driver downloaded ,set_parm2.6 is existed.I try run this file but idon`t.
In your answer , idon`t understand what ido?
Brendan Murphy_5
Frequent Advisor

Not sure that Oracle Linux is officially supported by HP

Access HP website & download the latest proliant support pack (v8.11 i think) this kit is a tar.gz pack ... unpack it onto a temp dir on your server...

# cd ./compaq/csp/linux
# ./install811.sh

A GUI installation application will display. This is the installation script to update/install a number of HP management tools including HP supported NIC drivers AND Qlogic HBA driver. During the configuration of the HBA driver ... ensure that you select the Failover option. Once the PSP kit is fully installed, allow a system reboot. The new QLA driver will be built into the initrd & a new grub entry added. This should get your system working as expected (assuming it will install on an Oracle Linux system :-) )
Mike Stroyan
Honored Contributor

You can see a list of the servers certified with Oracle Linux at http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/hpLinuxcert-oracle.html
Mike Stroyan
Honored Contributor

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/hplinuxcert-oracle.html works better.
(The only difference is a lowercase vs uppercase "L".)
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The mulitpath.conf file is usallly not present by default. If you can't start multipathd, you'll probably need to install the multipath-tools rpm package.

If you install the HP version of the QLogic driver you need to run the /opt/hp/src/qla2x00src/set_parm utility to setup failover.

Until you configure one or both of these options (if you setup multipathd and are using the HP QLogic driver disable driver failover) you will see multiple instances of the same LUNS
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

see attached file