6008 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

N/w problem in Tablet PC with XP

Bindumadhava.V
Frequent Advisor

N/w problem in Tablet PC with XP

Hello,

I have a new Compaq Tablet PC with WinXP preloaded in it.

But it is not coming up the network even the driver,cable everything seems to be ok.

It just says -
"Local Area Connection : network cable unplugged"
in the task bar.

But if i connect one more hub or switch to the same port and then pull a cable on to the Tablet PC from that swich..it works.

Does the hop count matters in this tablet pc

Is there any minimum hop count required....?

Please help me out in this..

Thanks & Regards
Bindumadhava.
4 REPLIES 4
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Re: N/w problem in Tablet PC with XP

You may be close to 384 feet from the last repeater or switch (maximum cable length for a single run).

I had a problem where certain NICs weren't as sensitive as others (Cabletron vs 3Com). The Cabletrons would fail at a location where the 3Com's would work just fine.

Placing a hub or other "Amplifying" device in line boosted the signal enough to allow either card to work.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Bindumadhava.V
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, that is one thing

..But that should not happen when we consider the Latest Compaq Tablet PC which is having Intel PRO/100M Mobile Connection & if we compare this to old model LAN cards, that are working fine.

Regards
Bindumadhava.V
Scooby_2

Dont know if it helps but set the nic to 10mb half duplex. We have had issues with Auto Negotiation on certain switches. hope it helps.

Regards.
if people could put rainbows in Zoo's, they would do it.
Scooby_2

Dont know if it helps but set the nic to 10mb half duplex. We have had issues with Auto Negotiation on certain switches. hope it helps.

Regards.
if people could put rainbows in Zoo's, they would do it.