1752295 Members
4420 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NEED HELP INSTALLING LINUX ON HP 8770C

Brian Hartley
Occasional Contributor

NEED HELP INSTALLING LINUX ON HP 8770C

I have a HP Pavillion 8770c. I am currently running Windows 2000 and windows 98 se. My windows 98 is on partition C:/, and windows 2000 is on Partition D:/.
I have my partition E:/ as 20 gigs and Partition f:/ as another 20 gig. I was wondering if there was anyway to Load linux onto partition E:/ or F:/ and still keep both Windows ? ?

Is there anyway someone can kinda walk me through the install process for linux. I need like a list of all the programs and tools needed to completly install everything.
With the Xosl boot manager can i install that on the E:/ drive with linux ? Or should I split the E:/ drive into two ? Or can I install it with windows 98. I really want to get this done and have the least complications as possible. Also what version of linux would you recommend for a "newbie" ?
Red hat, Mandrake, or ? ? Im Pretty good with windows and everything but am kinda hesitant to install it without knowing everything. So if anyone could help me with a list of everything needed for this, I would greatly appreciate it. Also Has any one had problems finding drivers for there HP 8770c ? ? Like sound card, modem, ethernet card, and video card. I have a Ati all in wonder 32 mb I was thinking of putting in, so i also need to know if they have a linux driver for that. Thanks Everyone for your responses.
Brian
Or you can E mail me with everything at ZzTORNADOzZ@msn.com
1 REPLY 1
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: NEED HELP INSTALLING LINUX ON HP 8770C