4951 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NFS Server (pid660@/net) not responding still trying

Swapnesh
Occasional Contributor

NFS Server (pid660@/net) not responding still trying

Hi:
I have a problem with HP9000 K580 server.

I got a weird screen on the console when I hit one of the F1 through F8 keys and could not get out of it. I somehow with random key selection, got the main menu screen and selected 'reset' to restart the server.

Now the server is in the process of re-booting but it gets an error "NFS server (pid660@/net) not responding still trying", it kept trying for about 10 times and I turned off the machine again and re-started, but I still get the same error and it keeps trying.

Also, once this is resolved I need to change the IP address of the server, and would like some tips on that too.

I hope someone can help me out here.

thanks
Swapnesh
5 REPLIES 5
Marcel Boogert_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: NFS Server (pid660@/net) not responding still trying

Hi,

Use vi to edit the file /etc/rc.config.d/nfsconf and make sure the following lines are set to 0

NFS_CLIENT=0
NFS_SERVER=0

Regards, MB.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Probably your /etc/fstab file is listing an NFS filesystem to be mounted, and the nfs server is not available or cannot be reached. Enter in single user and commend out those lines, remove those lines, use soft mount option, or add the intr option so you can cancel that process.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Swapnesh
Occasional Contributor

I am not able to get to the login prompt as it sits there with the error while trying to start the NFS sub client "NFS server (pid660@/net) not responding still trying", like in a loop.

Swapnesh
Occasional Contributor

It all worked. Let me explain what had happened and what we did. Actually, there was an IP address change required to the machine,
1. I had changed the /etc/hosts file to have the new IP address.
2. Then in the process my screen went into the "stty" mode and I did not know how to get back to the # prompt.
3. After that, we rebooted the machine and the NFS server was not starting though we did not have NFS.
4. We went past the NFS server error by hitting "Control-\". Which skipped the NFS client starting.
5. We used #set_parms initial command to change the IP address and subnet mask and re-booted the machine.
6. This time we did not get the NFS client starting error.

Thanks for all your help.
Swapnesh
Swapnesh
Occasional Contributor

Thanks it all worked.