1752595 Members
3053 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NFS connection to NT directory problem

Darren Cook_1
Occasional Contributor

NFS connection to NT directory problem

I have successfully mounted to a NT directory without problems. One of the sub-directories however is called access.db (note the 'dot').
This sub-directory is strange in that all files within it have permissions of
-------------
I also occassionally get a 'Stale NFS file handler' error.
If, however, I rename this directory to Accessdb (note NO 'dot'), then it behaves itself correctly.
I can not permenantly rename this directory as it is linked into loads of applications.
Any ideas??
2 REPLIES 2
Santosh Nair_1
Honored Contributor

Sounds like you have some networking problems. The reason the permissions on the directory at ---------- is probably because the NFS client can't talk to the NFS server to stat the directory. This is consistent with the Stale File Handle errors that you're getting.

Also, you mentioned in an earlier posting that your were NFS exporting from NT and mounting on the HP machine. If possible, I would strongly recommend that you do the mounts the other way around, since the HP machine is much more stable the NT machine. Alternatively, you could use the CIFS/9000 client (only for HPUX 11.x) to mount the NT shares from the NT onto the HP machine. I haven't tried this on HP, but it should work.

-Santosh
Life is what's happening while you're busy making other plans
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

I agree with Santosh that you should use CIFS/9000 for 11.x machines, or samba for 10.20 (or even 11.x) machines. NT does not play well with NFS because they like to do things using their standards. Have you changed the permissions on the file on the NT to RW for everyone?

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die