4437 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NX7000 Top memory

Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Johan:

Maybe you need to tell us what you mean by TOP memory. I, for one, have never heard the term before (over 30 years working on computers). Give us a link where you read that term.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Johan R
Occasional Advisor

Hi Roger and thanks for the anwser,

As you said i never heard of TOP memory before during my 11years of working with computers.
Thats why i post this thread, since i found it in my computer, and after endless hours of searching found this manual in the HP migrate and Upgrade section.
But so far i have found no information on what it does and if it can be upgraded, and yeah you read the posts so you get the idea.
Anyway the manual for replacing it can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179111&taskId=130&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=332798

Refered to as Replacing TOP memory diagram.

Enjoy, how you can figure this one out for me.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Johan:

Those diagrams simply refer to the fact that there are two memory slots, each one accessible from a different part of the laptop (one from the 'top' and the other from the 'bottom' of the laptop). Each slot supports up to 1GB of memory for a maximum of 2GB.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Pat
Honored Contributor

Johan,

Top Memory may be referring to the Maximum amount of Ram your system can handle.

Pat
Johan R
Occasional Advisor

Roger,

It might seem that way, but its not.
The top memoty is not the ram, if anyone actually botherd to read my post i wouldent have to repeat this for the 4th time :P

!!!!!!!!!!TOP memory is not RAM memory!!!!!!

ok you better not miss it this time hehehehe.
Ok serious im gonna pull that mem module out today, and just look for the module ID and use if to see if i can find some ino what its usly used for.

But please keep me updated if you guys find something out.
And Pat are you just trying to annoy me with your anwsers or no offence but i start to wonder.
Pat
Honored Contributor

Annoyance not intended. Everytime I look into the issue Ram is referred to as memory. CPU brought in for performance. Innocence on my part, Johan, since I'm interested in learning as much as you are.

Pat
Johan R
Occasional Advisor

Its ok Pat, thanx for trying anyway.
I guess in a way you are correct saying its is a Ram, just not "system ram" the module is ram, but serves another purose, since the 2 slots for the system ram is located under the notebook close to the batterie. While this "TOP memory" is located inside the notebook only accesable if you deasemble the notebook, remove keyb, covers and so on.

But thnx again for trying, i hope i can get some anwser soon about this.
I tried the live chat but dont seem to be albe to run the DX correct. just stuck on sending information...Sigh...
Johan Forssell_1

Hello Johan R.

You are quite wrong! The TOP MEMORY is simply the Ram module that is accessible through the top of the notebook.

Read the manuals again.