1752323 Members
5035 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Need a VMware player for HP Thin T5740

Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Need a VMware player for HP Thin T5740

I tried installing a VMware player on a thin, i get a message that CPU doesn't have VM componante.

Is there any other way?

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: Need a VMware player for HP Thin T5740

Hello,

check this page:

http://www.vmware.com/support/player40/doc/releasenotes_player40.html#Installation_Requirements

Installation Requirements

When you install Workstation, the installer performs checks to make sure the host system has a processor that meets the following requirements. You cannot install Workstation if the host system does not meet these requirements.

• 64-bit x86 CPU
  • LAHF/SAHF support in long mode

You can use CPU-Z or a similar utility to determine if the host system CPU is 64-bit capable. CPU-Z shows EM64T (Intel) or AMD64 (AMD) if the processor is 64-bit capable.

If you plan to install a 64-bit guest operating system in a virtual machine, the host system must have one of the following processors. Workstation will not allow you to install a 64-bit guest operating system if the host system does not have one of these processors.

• AMD CPU that has segment-limit support in long mode.
  • Intel CPU that has VT-x support. VT-x support must be enabled in the host system BIOS. The BIOS settings that must be enabled for VT-x support vary depending on the system vendor. See VMware KB article 1003944 for information on how to determine if VT-x support is enabled.

I am afraid Intel Atom in t5740 can not handle it.

Jan

Jags_21
HPE Pro

Re: Need a VMware player for HP Thin T5740

Hi,

As per my knowledge thin clients are used with view client and coming to vmware player it could be a reason on both processor and host OS which is not supported.

Thanks,

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo