108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need an ISO download of the HP-UX 11.00 Core OS Options CD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alan Edwards
Frequent Advisor

Need an ISO download of the HP-UX 11.00 Core OS Options CD

I am trying to install a fresh 11.00 load on a workstation and am missing one CD, the Core OS options. Can an iso be downloaded?

My Install set is March 2004.

Alan
Klatu Barada Nikto
8 REPLIES 8
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Alan:

In a word, no. There was never any way to download the Core OS in versions older than 11.31. Since 11.0 has been out-of-support since December 2006 and since 11.0 couldn't be ordered after March 2004, I think you are out-of-luck.

If you are attempting a fresh install, I hope you have an good Ignite image from which to install.

Regards!

...JRF...
Alan Edwards
Frequent Advisor

Hi James,

We actually received the 11.00 CD set dated March 2004 from HP last November under an extended support agreement we had for an old L series server. I am trying to install a J5600 now and don't have that particular CD.

I was hoping someone could create an ISO for me... :-)

Alan
Klatu Barada Nikto
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

> We actually received the 11.00 CD set dated March 2004 from HP last November under an extended support agreement

somebody must feed the dinosaurs too ;)
Unix operates with beer.
Alan Edwards
Frequent Advisor

Yes.. :-)

One of our groups had been paying support for 9 years on the L system and it went down with a corrupted /usr filesystem that wasn't a hardware problem. I had to re-create it by using spare disks to do a fresh install of HP-UX and a VG import, copy data, restore original /usr from backup, etc.... Hence the need for a CD set that HP supplied...

Alan
Klatu Barada Nikto
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor

I could not share an image outside of the company, but might have media in a box somewhere if your HP support or sales contact sent me a message on your behalf.

Hurry though, they are moving us to smaller cubes any day now... :-)
Alan Edwards
Frequent Advisor

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply, I have sent an e-mail to the HP support rep who supplied the March 2004 CD set.

Alan
Klatu Barada Nikto
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Internal folks have made contact and I am digging through boxes. Contact me at bcampbell @ this company. I mostly have the internal versions of media, but we can talk part numbers in email.
Alan Edwards
Frequent Advisor

Soulation found
Klatu Barada Nikto