1753950 Members
7579 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Netraid driver for Linux

mckiers
Occasional Advisor

Netraid driver for Linux

I am trying to look for what driver I need to load so as to be able to access my drives which are on a Netraid controller. As I am trying to make a dd image of a
windows NT server and I have booted up using a Linux bootable CD.
4 REPLIES 4
Paul R. Dittrich
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Netraid driver for Linux

I think that Netraid's are really Mylex. (someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong.....) The driver for Mylex raid controllers is here:
http://www.dandelion.com/Linux/DAC960.html

HTH,
Paul
Dave Unverhau_1
Honored Contributor

Pearse,

Actually, the Netraid controllers (at least up to the 3si) are AMI products.

Here's a link to HP's software compatibility matrix for Netraid products:

<>

The Netraid 4M appears to be supported on Red Hat Linux 7.0 and 7.1, and the 1M/2M are listed in the compatibility table with a note that they're only supported in the netserver LP1000 and LP2000.

Apparently, the earlier versions are not supported. (Of course, whether or not they might work could be a different matter...)

I just downloaded Red Hat 8 today and I have a NetRaid 3si, so I'm going to do some more looking around, as I would like to be able to utilize it for a Linux box.

If I learn anything useful, I'll post it here (and I'd appreciate hearing from anybody else with useful info, as well!)

Regards,

Dave
Romans 8:28
Dave Unverhau_1
Honored Contributor

Good news, Pearse!

I was scanning the Linux forum and found a link provided by Vincent Fleming in a response to a query about Omnibook video support under Linux. It's a great page for all HP hardware support on the Linux How-To site (Thanks Vince!). It looks like we're in luck - ALL the Netraid cards appear to be supported in Linux.

Here's a link to the page:

http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/HP-HOWTO/hp-hardware.html

Regards,

Dave
Romans 8:28
I_M
Honored Contributor

NetRAID is LSI logic's megaraid.
(or it used to be owned by AMI.)

Now you may find the driver for megaraid from megaraid.lsilogic.com.

Remember, HP'S NetRAID 1M, 2M with H.01.07, 08, 09 with megaraid have data corruption if you run the card with 64bit mode.
So HP has been released 1.15hp (always 32bit only) driver on web.
Or you may update the firmware to H.02.01.