5256 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Netstation Enware C2731A Problem

Albert Smith_1
Regular Advisor

Netstation Enware C2731A Problem

Greetings All,

I have a problem. I am moving an Xstation from a 10.20 server running Enware 7.x to a 11.0 system running 9.x . I have configured the software properly on the server side and on the work station I have reset the font path to show: ./font/ {and the fonts}

However when I boot the xterm from the new server I get the following error message:

/usr/lib/X11/700X/bin/C2731A
Not Owner

this path does not exist on the new server. Is there somewhere I should be downloading this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
3 REPLIES 3
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Re: Netstation Enware C2731A Problem

Hi Albert

This is the path for the bin files for A HP Envizex C2731A x terminal, is this your terminal?

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
Albert Smith_1
Regular Advisor

Yes it is an Envizex A
C2731A
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

Albert Enware 7.x amd Enware 9.x are DIFFERENT products !

Enware 7.x is for the older Entria and Envizex (& 700RX models) a, i p series etc ....

Enware 9.x is for the newer generation netstations ie Entria II's and Envizex II's.

You can install both products on the same system they install in either /opt/hpxt/enware or /opt/hpxt/enware2.

If you were using 7.x at 10.20 use 7.x at 11.x too etc etc !

If you have a mix of both the new and old xterminals you will need both versions 7.x and 9.x otherwise just install the appropriate version for your model of xterminal.

As to the path you refer to : this is a hang up from the hpux 9.x days ... it's normally a soft link pointing at /opt/hpxt/enware/xthome/bin however my advise is to factory default the xterminal via the config screen, it should automatically fill in / look for the file in the correct dir once you've done this (nb you'd have to add your network details again though / reconfig via xtadm).

Or if that fails add the path manually again via the config screen see the Terminal-> Paths section and the directives file which is what the file C2731A is.