108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Pinter.

SOLVED
Go to solution
carl airiel
Advisor

Network Pinter.

We have a printer in one of our branch. It is configured in one of our HP machine. It is accessible about to weeks ago. The users are connecting to that printer thru a WIndows desktop. That printer is set can access that network printer. I have checked the configuration in HP-UX(host) it is properly configured. But the desktop pc still can't print. AS well with the users.How can solve the problem?Is there anything that I should configure on the user'c pc?Or with the server?

REgards,
Allan
7 REPLIES 7
RAC_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

How exaclt the printer is configured? on hp-ux and on windows?? How does windows use see it?? Through samba??
do see any problems in log file??-/var/adm/lp/log
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

you say "it was accessible about to weeks ago.", did you make any changes at the system level (hp-ux or windows before it stopped working?

please revert.

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
carl airiel
Advisor

Actually the workstation(desktop) crashed. On the server level, We did not update or modify anything. How can I configure the pc connecting the network printer that was managed by hp-ux system?DO I have to make any changes on the client side like, IP address of the printer, host file name., etc. WHat can I do about this?Thanks.

Regards,
Allan
Arunvijai_4
Honored Contributor

Hi Allan,

You need to install the printer on Windows again, to do this, Go to Start menu --> Settings-->Control Panel --> Printers-->Add Printer -> Give IP of your printer.

-Arun
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
carl airiel
Advisor

So there is no need to modify the server?I just have to install the newtork printer on the client side.Thanks

Regards,
Allan
Arunvijai_4
Honored Contributor

Yes, it has nothing to do with the server side since its all client's crash.

-Arun
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
carl airiel
Advisor

I have tried to add the network printer but while I'm about to connect the printer to the client pc it resulted into error.It says that the printer is not reachable. BUt when i tried to ping the ip address of the printer it does have a reply. Do I have to install a jetadmin on the client pc?Thanks

Regards,
Allan