1753408 Members
6965 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

New MN 2133 SUSE Linux

Barry Knott

New MN 2133 SUSE Linux

I bought this device yesterday and spent an hour or so last night going through the set-up. I created a couple of accounts and then re-booted the machine as advised during the install. It rebooted to the Desktop Screen ok, but when trying to connect to a wireless network I was getting the errors about use of kinternet, but without an external drive, I couldn't load the drivers.

It then froze :-/

I waited and waited 10 mins or so, and then pulled the plug and the battery. It rebooted, but to a log on screen and the passwords I set up, do not work.

Any ideas out there?

Regards,

Barry.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Knott

Re: New MN 2133 SUSE Linux

Ok,

So I got in touch with the HP Helpdesk. Very helpful and fast to answer too. They suggested a clean install of SLED and are sending me the CD's. I'll update this thread with the progress.

Barry.
Roger G

Re: New MN 2133 SUSE Linux

Barry,

you may find some pointers in this thread :-

http://forums.opensuse.org/network-internet/wireless/405914-hp-2133-sled-10-broadcom-wireless-problem-full-info.html

Worked for me, after updates broke the wireless. In a nutshell:- the kernel gets updated, but the drivers don't get moved. Resetting with the restore disk only puts you back to stage 1. Moving the drivers by hand is not difficult, and solves it.