108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

No access with Netscape 4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Francisco J. Soler
Honored Contributor

No access with Netscape 4.5

When i try to access to hp or linux forums with Netscape 4.5 i get an error 404 Object not found. I only can acces with IE.

Any suggestions.

Frank.
Linux?. Yes, of course.
4 REPLIES 4
Mark Fenton
Esteemed Contributor

Re: No access with Netscape 4.5

Francesco,

I don't know about Error 405 -- but I find that I get a bunch of Java errors with netscape -- probably need to update my JVM installation or some such. Are the firewalling schemes the same between the IE and Netscape boxes? (I mean, are they one and the same box, and if not, could there be a DNS issue or some other configuration issue that prevents retrieving the pages?)

Best regards.
Mark
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor
Solution

I have the same problem with IE 6.0 on Win2K. The only way I can get to the forum is to drill down from www.hp.com then logon. If I try to let it remember my password I can usually read messages but can't reply to anything.

Seems like it's probably something in java or the way it stores cookies or some security setting but who knows.

Ron

K.C. Chan
Trusted Contributor

The same here, I am running Konqueror v2.2-11 and I'm getting 404 error while trying to assign points. What gives?
Reputation of a thousand years can be determined by the conduct of an hour
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Just got off the phone with Dan. He had me go into my cookie file and delete all of the cookies that have to do with the forum. That fixed my problems. Netscape and IE use different cookie files so that could be the reason your Netscape isn't working. Make sure you write down your login number before you delete the cookies because that is one of the things that the cookies keep for you.

IE has a way to look at and delete your cookies: Tools/Interent Options/General/Settings View Files

Ron