General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No disk drive found during Redhat Linux Enterprise 3 U9 installation on HP DL145 G3

NGOH CHEAN SIUNG_1
Occasional Visitor

No disk drive found during Redhat Linux Enterprise 3 U9 installation on HP DL145 G3

Hi all,

I am facing problem when installing RHEL AS 3 U9 on HP DL145 G3. No disk drive found. For RHEL AS 4 is ok. Anyone has idea on how to solve it if I insists to use version 3?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: No disk drive found during Redhat Linux Enterprise 3 U9 installation on HP DL145 G3

Check the download page for your server model to see if you have a storage driver for that Red Hat Version. But I really think that you should move already from RHEL3, you can't stuck in the past.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: No disk drive found during Redhat Linux Enterprise 3 U9 installation on HP DL145 G3

If you really insist on RHEL 3 (and thus kernel version 2.4.xx), you should check whether DL145 G3's disk driver is open source.

If it is, you always have the option of backporting the driver from kernel 2.6.xx to 2.4.xx on your own... or paying some kernel developer to do that, if you don't have anyone with the necessary set of skills.

I won't say it's easy... but with open source, you have that option if you _really_ need it.

MK
MK