1752815 Members
5942 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Npar fail over across two boxes.

pa8700
Regular Advisor

Npar fail over across two boxes.

I have 2 rx8640 servers, with total 4 cell and 32 processor.Curent confguration is with one npar each on boxes, which contains two cells.

Mu plan is to test failover of one npar to the other box by transfering liense through gicap, thais after failover one box would have 4 cells active and 2 npar on the box.

Is it possible, how can i deactivate the napr the single npar on the single complex.And how to actiovate the the single npar box from other box.

I think you guys have got the thig,

Pls advice me
4 REPLIES 4
pa8700
Regular Advisor

If one of the box is going down.Wether I will be able to transfer the icap licences to other box and activate a new n par there.So i can have a fail iver there.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>with total 4 cell and 32 processor. Current configuration is with one npar each on boxes, which contains two cells.

From what you say, each rx8640 is only using 1/2 of the cells now?

>by transferring license through gicap

This may not affect your testing but will that work if one of the servers has crashed?

Hi,

So do you actually *have* GiCAP, or are you just considering it? You don't really make that clear.

Anyway you can acheieve what you describe with GiCAP, but you do need to have a thrird system somewhere that acts as the GiCAP group manager. The group manager is able to "seize" the usage rights of the failed system. A good starting point would be reading this whitepaper here:

http://docs.hp.com/en/13843/GiCAP_HA.pdf

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
pa8700
Regular Advisor

I have only one Npar on each box currently and planning one more each both will be planned to keep inactive for ftailover .Is it possible.