Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCD processes

Larry Basford
Regular Advisor

OCD processes

My ocd process is checking LP status even though I configured it
status_request: disable

PCF FILE
telnet_mode: enable
timing_mark: enable
telnet_timer: 120
binary_mode: enable
open_tries: 1500
open_timer: 30
close_timer: 60
status_request: disable
status_timer: 300
eightbit: disable
tcp_nodelay: enable

I'm trying to use a BayNet RA2000 to connect my modems. I have a faxgetty process going to a tty pointing to a port on the termserver where my modem is located.The Hylafax process works fine for 30 minuets then the ocd process does a satatus check and errors so it drops my connection
Recreating pseudonym /dev/telnet/tty6 with new pty
Desaster recovery? Right !
5 REPLIES
CHRIS ANORUO
Honored Contributor

Re: OCD processes

Disable the timing_mark or increase open_timer: 30 to 150
When We Seek To Discover The Best In Others, We Somehow Bring Out The Best In Ourselves.
Larry Basford
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the effort but none of the changes make a difference.
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hi
The ocd should only check ports in the /etc/dfa/dp file, edit the file and remove the port that it is checking and then -
ps -ef|grep ocd|grep
and kill the process.
Or reboot after editing the dp file - same effect.

HTH
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
Larry Basford
Regular Advisor

Thanks Paul,
But I need the ocd process to run. I just don't want it to be checked.
I'm running a faxgetty to that tty for inconning faxes. Killing the ocd stops the precess and the getty erors out.
Peter Hurwood
Occasional Visitor

Did you get any answer on this? I'm trying to do the same thing via a Cisco termserver. I can get the modem to initiate the call but when it tries to send data, it just bombs out.

Any ideas?

thanks

Peter