Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC or JDBC for HPUX 11i

Joe Hege
Occasional Advisor

ODBC or JDBC for HPUX 11i

Is there a HP product or 3rd party product of ODBC or JDBC that hpux 11i supports. Our 3rd party app we've been using is no longer supporting hpux.

thanks
Joe
Vini, Vidi, Vici
2 REPLIES
Bill Douglass
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ODBC or JDBC for HPUX 11i

We are using OpenLink Request Broker as an ODBC interface between our financial application front-end and Oracle on HP-UX 11i. I believe they support JDBC as well. See http://www.openlinksw.com/ for details.
Ben Dehner
Trusted Contributor

Re: ODBC or JDBC for HPUX 11i

Oracle provides a JDBC driver that will work in any Java environment. You will find them under $ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib on 8i and 9i installations. When running a JVM that requires the JDBC driver, the CLASSPATH environment variable must be set to point to the class files.

For ODBC drivers on HP-UX you will probably need to go with something 3rd-party proprietary.
Trust me, I know what I'm doing