Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-17503 unable to start instance on 10g

ORA-17503 unable to start instance on 10g

Hello Forum;

I have a oracle10g RAC with two nodes, I configure Dataguard and now srvctl is not able to start the instance with
srvctl start database -d oracle_name

I think the problem is a configuration issue from ASM alert log:
Errors in file /opt/oracle/admin/+ASM/udump/+asm2_ora_15700.trc:
ORA-17503: ksfdopn:DGOpenFile05 Failed to open file +FLASH/dudbdr/spfiledudbdr.ora
ORA-17503: ksfdopn:2 Failed to open file +FLASH/dudbdr/spfiledudbdr.ora
ORA-15173: entry 'spfiledudbdr.ora' does not exist in directory 'dudbdr'

The spfile is located on +DATA instead of +FLASH.

I am able to start the instance manually using sqlplus startup however RAC/ASM configuration is not able to find the correct spfile.

By the way the spfile from +FLASH is where it was originally created at installation time however I reconfigure it.

From Where does RAC/ASM gets the location of the spfile?
2 REPLIES
Jov
Honored Contributor

Re: ORA-17503 unable to start instance on 10g

Hi,

Start the touble instance manually and query the table X$KFFXP and see what you get.

If you can start the instance manually the issue might be else where.

Jov

Re: ORA-17503 unable to start instance on 10g

The problem was on the OCR configuration, Oracle support mentioned that OCR will remember the location of the spfile at creation time and a reconfiguration is required using srvctl command something like:
srvctl modify database -d -p

I run the command and it fixed my problem.
thanks for the help.