4315 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ORA-600 [2023][5][1]

Juan Gonz├бlez
Trusted Contributor

ORA-600 [2023][5][1]

Hi,
This morning my dataware has begun to report ORA-600 [2023][5][1] and the trace file is getting one of the filesystems full, so i had have to stop the database.

I've done some search in Metalink and i've found that the problem may be a corrupt undo; but thereis no reference to how to fix it. I've opened a TAR but i'd like to hear something for you too.Anyone knows how to fix this corrupt undo?

Thanks in advance,
Juan
6 REPLIES 6
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Re: ORA-600 [2023][5][1]

Hi

i would really just chase this through oracle since we do not know your db setup.

oerr ora 600
00600, 00000, "internal error code, arguments: [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s
], [%s], [%s]"
// *Cause: This is the generic internal error number for Oracle program
// exceptions. This indicates that a process has encountered an
// exceptional condition.
// *Action: Report as a bug - the first argument is the internal error number

If you check the patch db you will find a couple of HP patches for seviceguard which can solve this.

What are you using.

steve steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
The problem is, that Oracle does not give any explanation to these arguments on an ORA-00600 error. If you get a solution for this problem, just make a note somewhere in a diary or so.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Hi

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x24fca12d6d27d5118fef0090279cd0f9,00.html

may interest you

steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
John Dixon_1
Advisor

Hi,
You may have already checked this, but there is a ora-600 lookup tool on metalink.

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=153788.1

paste in your trace file, along with the parameters.

cheers,
John
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Hello,

first check if there was another error, initiating this 600 sequence. If there is a bad block involved, you should find 1578 in addition. Check for maxextent-bounce and tablespace overflow in addition.

Consult the docu-cd to do a "dbv" for all datafiles of your database.

Hope this helps
Volker

Juan Gonz├бlez
Trusted Contributor

We have sucessfully restored our database. The problem was a bug in Oracle 8.1.7.0. A user interrupted a truncate in a big table and this resulted in a corrupted rollback segment. We will migrate to 8.1.7.4 next week to avoid new related problems.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Juan