Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORACLE Database Connection Problem

dqliang_1
Occasional Contributor

ORACLE Database Connection Problem

Hello, everyone,

I'm using Server Side Java Script to connect ORACLE Database. But ORACLE Database display the following error:

ORA-1001, Invalid Cursor

My environment is:
Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6
Livewire Database Service
Server Side JS
ORACLE 7.3.4

If I use sql*plus to connect ORACLE Database, it works.

Who could you give me suggestion?

Thanks,

Holly Liang
3 REPLIES
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor
dqliang_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: ORACLE Database Connection Problem

Hello,

The following is part of my source code,

database.connect(client.type,
client.server,
client.id,
client.password,
client.database);

The error occurs during database connection phase. I don't think it creates any cursor.

Thanks,

Holly Liang
John Dixon_1
Advisor

Re: ORACLE Database Connection Problem

Hi,

Check that the value of the OPEN_CURSORS parameter in the Oracle initialization file INIT.ORA is greater than the value of MAXOPENCURSORS. The default value for OPEN_CURSORS is 50.

The following document from metalink lists the common causes of ORA-1001, Invalid Cursor.

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=1007395.6

cheers,
John