1751894 Members
5279 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ORACLE ERP and serviceguard

firas_1
Advisor

ORACLE ERP and serviceguard

I need to know how to implement ORACLE 11i ERP with mc/serviceguard, is there a special procedure for that, as I did it once and did not switch over.
Keep walking
5 REPLIES 5
malay boy
Trusted Contributor

Re: ORACLE ERP and serviceguard

We have Oracle Apps and MC service Gurad running.The are no special procedure that we follow but in the start and stop package we just defined a script to start/stop database/Apps/Listener.
Nothing special but it work.

regards
mB
There are three person in my team-Me ,myself and I.
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I do not think there is a special procedure apart form the configuration and implementation docs.

If you want to use an alias and not the true name of your host machine, you can add
an additional parameter to the configuration file. Type the following on the
command line before you run Rapid Install:
UNIX: $ rapidwiz -servername ..com
When you start the rapidwiz you can specify the host name : ./rapidwiz -servername .. By specifying like that it resolves the hostname issue.

And make sure that you have this in you /etc/hosts file. In your /etc/hosts file, add a entry myhost.mydomain.com and use virtual host name on the rapidwiz command line. Then it will not pick up the hostname of the server but will pick up the virtual host name of your package what you specified in the /etc/hosts file.

Note : 115987.1 in Metalink that describes configuration/ implmentation HP MC/Serviceguard. Please refer to the attached doc for implementation and testing of Mc Service Gaurd.
Never give up, Keep Trying
firas_1
Advisor

Hello Indira,

I need the ORACLE ERP to have a relocatable IP address not the hostname IP. How rapidwiz will solve this?
I know from prevoius experince with ORACLE engineer, that ERP is installaed using the server physical IP address, but this will not be moved to the other unix server when MC/SG package will failover.
again, how rapidwiz will give a relocatable IP address?
Keep walking
malay boy
Trusted Contributor

Hi Firas,

Q) FIRAS -> I need the ORACLE ERP to have a relocatable IP address not the hostname IP
A) mB ->A package in the MV Service Guard can be assign IP address.Put the Oracle ERP in tha package and assign the IP.

Q) FIRAS ->I know from prevoius experince with ORACLE engineer, that ERP is installaed using the server physical IP address, but this will not be moved to the other unix server when MC/SG package will failover.
A) mB->In this case there are something wrong with your start/stop package script.

We have oracle apps and oracle database running in HP/EMC and service guard.We create a package called db for Oracle apps , oracle database.In start packadge , we run ascrip to start the database,listener and oracle apps.(sequece in crucial).IN stop package,we define a script to shutdown oracle apps,listener and database.

Hope this help
mB
There are three person in my team-Me ,myself and I.
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Firas,

I am sorry for the delayed reply. I did not check the forum during the week end.

Anyway in addition to Malay boy's explanation here are some suggestions.

I have specified the previous answer, as there may be Platform-specific issues.

Special considerations for HP Multi-Computer/Serviceguard users. Users of HP Multi-Computer/Serviceguard may have added a hostname DNS alias in the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i config.txt file to support Serviceguard failover. The presence of this aliased hostname may prevent ias1022m.sh from running to completion, and that script may hang. Monitoring the script's process may show that CPU resources are being consumed without any accompanying logical or physical reads. If you encounter this behaviour in an HP MC/Serviceguard environment, stop the ias1022m.sh process, temporarily substitute the actual server name in config.txt instead of the MC/Serviceguard alias, and restart ias1022m.sh. After the script completes successfully, restore the original MC/Serviceguard alias in config.txt.

Serviceguard requires an IP address to link applications to Serviceguard packages which are failed over onto alternate machines. The packages have IP addresses that are independent of hosts.

For eg:- OAS_SGPKG_NAME is required only for install of OAS on M/C ServiceGuard environment i.e. High Availability Cluster for HP/UX environment. If you have two nodes in the cluster and switch between nodes during failover and you have a virtual hostname for the cluster, then OAS_SGPKG_NAME should be set to the Virtual Host name during the Serviceguard install. This is allows users to connect to the same URL (virtual host/IP) on either node.

If you want to install OPS, MC/ServiceGuard OPS Edition is required. If you want only failover to the secondary host, maybe a pour MC/serviceGuard installation (only one instance, no OPS) is the better choice.

In order to make applications highly available you can configure your OPS cluster to use packages. Packages group applications and services together; in the event of a service, node, or network failure, ServiceGuard can automatically transfer control of all system resources in a designated package to another node within the cluster. This allows your applications to remain available with minimal interruption.

You create packages to start and stop OPS itself as well as to run applications that access the database instances.

I hope this provides some information/help.

Rgds
Indira

Never give up, Keep Trying