6322 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ORACLE UNIVERSAL INSTALLER IS SHOWING INSTALLED PRODUCT ONLY ORACLE CLIENT

podichin
Advisor

ORACLE UNIVERSAL INSTALLER IS SHOWING INSTALLED PRODUCT ONLY ORACLE CLIENT

Hi All,
When i am trying to add one more oracle components to an existing oracle 9i setup,

Oracle universal installer is showing only oracle client as in installed product, Eventhough oracle server is installed on it,
and i cannot find runInstaller inside $ORACLE_HOME/bin folder , So i decided to chech with oracle installer cd,

What i did was,
I set ORACLE_HOME directory and started installation,
is it due to version diifrence, oracle 9.0.1.4 is installed on the server and am trying to find out the installed product with 9.0.1.1 Cd,and

How to connect to an informix database from an oracle database, Which product i need to install ?

Waiting for replay for both questions,

Thanks and regards,

Siju
2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: ORACLE UNIVERSAL INSTALLER IS SHOWING INSTALLED PRODUCT ONLY ORACLE CLIENT

The Oracle Universal Installer writes a file in /var/opt/oracle. That file is supposed to tell where the oraInventory directory is located. The oraInventory tells the installer what is already installed.

I'm just guessing, but it might be that someone has installed the Oracle server, removed the file in /var/opt/oracle, and then installed the client. If this is the case, there might be two oraInventory directories on your system. Find them with the command:
find / -type d -name oraInventory

If there is just one oraInventory, your Oracle installation might be somehow damaged.

Sorry, but I don't know anything about Informix (your second question).
MK
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Re: ORACLE UNIVERSAL INSTALLER IS SHOWING INSTALLED PRODUCT ONLY ORACLE CLIENT

hi,

this must be an inventory problem.

did you use the same "oracle user" for installation?

regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)