108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ORAREPO Database User

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott Buckingham
Regular Advisor

ORAREPO Database User

In our Oracle 7.3.4 production instance, I see a database user called ORAREPO (not created by us as far as I can tell). Within this are 120 tables. One table name is called 'COLLECTION', others are prefixed with 'EVT_', 'EPC_', 'XP_', and even more starting with an 'SM'. Has anyone seen tables such as these before? Are they Oracle-system related? These tables are in their own tablespace, but the status of the DBF is "recover". I'm wondering if I should try to rectify this situation or just dump it altogether.
Long time dabbler, first time Admin / DBA
6 REPLIES 6
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: ORAREPO Database User

Scott,

You mean files like this:

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.815/a67785/epcus.htm

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Scott Buckingham
Regular Advisor

No, more like table names, not errors:

EPC_COLLECTION,
EPC_COLLECTION_FACILTIES,
EPC_COLLECTION_HISTORY,
EPC_COLLECTION_SUMMARY, etc.

The actual error that appears while data exports is ORA-00376.
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

These probably come from oracle trace events:

http://www.cs.umbc.edu/help/oracle8.bak/oem135/A53697_01/db.htm

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Scott Buckingham
Regular Advisor

Yes, this looks like what these tables are! However, I'm relatively new in the Oracle DBA world so I'm not sure if I should be concerned about saving the data in these tables or not. Do I need to include these files as part of our nightly backup routine?
Andreas D. Skjervold
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

Seems like this is a Oracle Enterprise Manager repository.

When started the OEM need to connect to a repository (for task, event information etc on each database that is maintained thru OEM)

If no repository is given, in earlier versions (1.6) OEM simply made one for you.
You'll then end up with users like this containing lots of OEM tables.

Check with your DBA if this is the OEM repository thats in use... but since you state that the tablespace is in recovery, its not for much use at the moment.

Andreas
Only by ignoring what everyone think is important, can you be aware of what everyone ignores!
Andreas D. Skjervold
Honored Contributor

Hi again

The tablespace in question should be recovered;

recover tablespace ;

and this tablespace is part of the database and the datafiles it consists of should ofcourse be part of your backup routine.

If you suspect that thistablespace is for no good, that is if the only objects within are the OEMREPO tables, and no one claims to be using them, set the tablespace offline for some period of time and if nobody comes screaming for help because of dataloss in the database, you simply drop the tablespace.

Andreas

Only by ignoring what everyone think is important, can you be aware of what everyone ignores!