7445 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OS level

merieux
Frequent Advisor

OS level

Hi ,

1 ) I search a command that give me the exact OS level, and the kind of OS installed

On my system swlist |grep HPUX11i give the following result :

swlist | grep HPUX11i
HPUX11i-VSE-OE B.11.31.0803 HP-UX Virtual Server Operating Environment .

I have Virtual server from March 2008 .

2) Is possible to upgrade an OS from HP-UX Virtual Server Operating to HP-UX Data center ?

3) I need to upgrade my OS to 11iV3 September 2008 ? What is the process ? Download the corresponding HWEnable11i and QPK bundel and install it ? Or should i find an OS update and made an update-ux upgrade ?

Thank you for your replys .

Regards ,
Xavier

6 REPLIES 6
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>2) Is possible to upgrade an OS from HP-UX Virtual Server Operating to HP-UX Data center?

You need to purchase this.
merieux
Frequent Advisor

2) I understand that i need a different licence, but after purchassing the new licence , is the upgrade is possible ?
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Xavier:

> 3) I need to upgrade my OS to 11iV3 September 2008 ? What is the process ? Download the corresponding HWEnable11i and QPK bundel and install it ? Or should i find an OS update and made an update-ux upgrade ?

You use 'update-ux' to perform the upgrade. This updates the core operating system level. The newer OE updates both products (drivers, etc) and patches unlike the application of a standard patch bundle.

> 2) Is possible to upgrade an OS from HP-UX Virtual Server Operating to HP-UX Data center ?

Yes, once you have the license (and hence the DVDs that comprise the OE). You use 'update-ux' since this not only updates the operating system (OS), but changes the operating environments (OE).

See the 'update-ux' manpages for more information:

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/B2355-60130/update-ux.1M.html

Regards!

...JRF...
merieux
Frequent Advisor

Thank you .
Where find " the newer OE updates both products (drivers, etc) and patches "

Regards
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi (again) Xavier:

> Where find " the newer OE updates both products (drivers, etc) and patches "

Given that you have a support contract, you order (via SUM --- Software Update Manager at the ITRC) your DVD media. The new OE DVD's contain the products for the OE along with the most recent, standard patch bundles.

http://www.itrc.hp.com/service/sum/home.do

Using the new OE with 'update-ux' you will upgrade your operating system from March 2008 (update-2) to September 2009 (update-5). In your case, this will also add the products that are part of the Data Center OE.

Regards!

...JRF...
merieux
Frequent Advisor

thank you for your replies