4332 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Opening new windows

Norman_21
Honored Contributor

My friend,

if this is a WinXP, then perform a Restore Point!
Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

good luck
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Bonnie Key
Advisor

Win 98 SE
Bonnie Key
Advisor

Roger

Thanks for the time you spent helping me.

Bonnie
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Size the Window the way you want it, then hold down the Ctrl key while you click on the X to close the window.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Bonnie Key
Advisor

Jon

No help either. I clicked on a link for a new window to open. (It only opened about 4" wide). Had to maximize for it to fully open. Held the ctl key while clicking on X. Links still only opening about 4" wide. All I want is for the windows to fully open to fit the monitor screen. This is driving me Nuts! Never had this problem before. Don't know how to correct it.

Bonnie
L Royer

Bonnie -
not sure if you're still having this problem - - the same thing recently happened to me - - somehow i right clicked on my toolbar and selected minimize all windows - so when i finally figured this out, i simply right clicked again on the toolbar and clicked undo minimize all windows - - it might be that simple for you as well.

Lisa
Bonnie Key
Advisor

LATIF: I am using Win 98SE office 2000
Bonnie Key
Advisor

Lisa

That works when I want to close all windows...but my problem is when I clink a link to open a new window, it does not open all the way. It opens to a small box and then I have to maximize it. Drives me nuts. I know there has to be a way to set your system to open and link to full size. None just has the answer yet.

Thank
Bonnie
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Bonnie:

Try right clicking on the offending icon and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, find the selection labelled RUN and set it to Maximized.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Bonnie Key
Advisor

Roger

Not sure what you mean by "offending icon"

Bonnie