Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openmail/Outlook MTA has no routing

Openmail/Outlook MTA has no routing

We are running openmail with outlook as the client. Some messages come from "User in behalf of user". When I try to reply to this message I get the eror MTA has no routing for ...
Where does this on behalf of come from? How do I get rid of it? Not a critical problem just a pain having the messages returned.

Thanks in advance.
Dave
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." -- Barry LePatner
3 REPLIES
Dave Kelly_1
Respected Contributor

Re: Openmail/Outlook MTA has no routing

If you right-click on the reply name, you will be able to see the address being used.

If the address is an OpenMail one, you need to check that you actually have a route for it on the OpenMail server.

You should check your Addressing settings when you log on (or go to Tools->OpenMail Properties) and check your "Route to Internet" value. It should be blank.

The user is an openmail user but on a different server. This only happens with a few users on the other server.

Dave
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." -- Barry LePatner
Dave Kelly_1
Respected Contributor

Do all the "problem" users on the other server come from the same mailnode ?

If so, is there a route back to that mailnode on this server ?