4950 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle 10 EE (6CPU) on HPUX 11i v3

Kamrowski Przemyslaw
Occasional Contributor

Oracle 10 EE (6CPU) on HPUX 11i v3

Hi
Please ensure me that C++ compiler is required for Oracle 10 EE on HPUX 11i v3.
4 REPLIES 4
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

yes
a warrior never quits

yes??? what does yes mean?

For a start its wrong the correct answer is 'it depends'.

If you want or need to do Oracle ProC, ProC++ or OCI development work on your system, then you need the HP-UX C/C++ compiler.

If you have no need or desier to do actual development work using the above tools, then there is absolutely no need to purchase the HP-UX C/C++ compiler.

The oracle installer can be a bit misleading with this cos it states it wants patches for the compiler, but thi is just beacuse the default install of Enterprise edition installs ProC/C++, so it assumes you want to do development.

If all you intend to use Oracle for is a straight database with no development acrivities on the same host, you don't need the compiler.

Hopefully thats the answer you were looking for, not 'yes'.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

You only need aCC_link if you are installing Oracle EBS. This new driver is available with the March HP-UX 11i v3 Update 2.
http://h20338.www2.hp.com/hpux11i/cache/585225-0-0-0-121.html

Otherwise what Duncan said.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

I also agree with Duncan, during the installation you can ignore the error messages during the verification process. If you are not planning to use Pro*C etc then this will not be required.

all the best

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)