3588 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle 10g and PHSS_35381

Keith Underwood
Occasional Contributor

Oracle 10g and PHSS_35381

We are upgrading to Oracle 10g.
We have changed all the kernel parameters and installed all the patches recommened in the pre install script.
After installing PHSS_35381 we started having dead oracle sessions still showing as OS processes and these processes were eating up all the cpu time, until the system was unusable.
After removing the patch and killing these processes the cpus returned to normal and no more dead Oracle processes showed up.
I can find nothihg on MetaLink so I was hoping someone in this forum could help.

Thanks,
Keith
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew Young_2
Honored Contributor

Hi Keith

Firstly I am assuming that you updated the C++ and aC++ header files at the same time?

Are the hung processes on Oracle 10G or your previous installation? Did you install Oracle 10G after you applied this patch or before?

It's unusual for this to happen, but as a rule you should relink you oracle files after upgrading any libraries that they may call.

Have you tried using patch PHSS_35379 which is its predecessor?

Regards

Andrew Y
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Andrew: but as a rule you should relink you oracle files after upgrading any libraries that they may call.

All PHSS_35381 changes is linker and dld. And the new shlibs would automatically be used, no need to relink Oracle.

Have you talked to the Response Center?
Keith Underwood
Occasional Contributor

I did neglect to mention, no we did not do the upgrade to 10g, the issue is happening on version 9.2.0.6.
No we have not done anything with the C header or library files. The notes for 35381
did not mention anything about it.
No we do not have PHSS_35379 installed.
I will download it and try it.
Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>No we do not have PHSS_35379 installed.

You may want to remove PHSS_35381 first. Or at least find out what you had before you installed PHSS_35381.