Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 10g, cant run dbca,emca on HP UX, JAVA ERROR

Oracle 10g, cant run dbca,emca on HP UX, JAVA ERROR

Hi All,

I am Darshan,

While running dbca,emca on HP UX I am getting following error, Pls help me to remove this error.

java.lang.unsatisfiedlinkError: no OSUtils in java.library.path.

2)While installing Oracle10g, do I have to install jdk1.4 separately on HP-UNIX OR Oracle does it itself?????

looking for a solution, I have been stuck up since last week.

Regards,

Darshan
2 REPLIES
Patti Johnson
Respected Contributor

Re: Oracle 10g, cant run dbca,emca on HP UX, JAVA ERROR

The following work around was given for this issue on Metalink (but for AIX). It might give you a clue.
From note 274397.1

Cause
SHLIB_PATH is not set in the emca script. It is not sufficient to set the SHLIB_PATH variable at the environment.
Fix
1. Open the $ORACLE_HOME/bin/emca script and find the line:
"export LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
2. Add the following lines to the script file after the line listed above:
SHLIB_PATH="${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"
export SHLIB_PATH
3. Save the file
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle 10g, cant run dbca,emca on HP UX, JAVA ERROR

Darshan

found similar issue but with oracle 9i. You may well check this Metalink document :
Note:292412.1 "New Database creation using DBCA Getting Java.Lang.Unsatisfiedlinkerror"

to summarise there some missing files , therefore you can find the files (and copy them) from install dir or nuild the database manully.

Regards
Jean-Luc
fiat lux