Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 10g on HP-UX v2

TE_DC_Sysadmin
Occasional Contributor

Oracle 10g on HP-UX v2

I need setup Oracle 10g on HP-UX v2
What is the sizing of server can install this DB on it

4 REPLIES
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle 10g on HP-UX v2

what is your machine model and specification (internal disk, SAN )
a warrior never quits
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

If the server is capable of running HP-UX 11i v2 (also known as HP-UX 11.23), it's certainly capable of running Oracle DB.

However, a small server can handle only small databases. If you have terabytes of data and/or hundreds of clients with real-time access requirements, a small server will not be enough.

So the question is, how big and complex is your database going to be?

MK
MK
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

To be able to size the system properly, we need more information pertaining to the following:
- Required processing power.
- I/O performance needed.
- Optionally, target number of concurrent users at high load interval.
- budget

revert!

kind regards
yogeeraj

No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi again,

A similar question can be found at: (linux OS)
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=603331

hope this helps too!
kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)