New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle 10g

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Oracle 10g

Hi,

In otn.oracle.com site, new Oracle 10gAS is available for download. is this AS contains Enterprise database version?

what this AS does?
never give up
5 REPLIES 5
Radim Jarosek
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I don't think so, Oracle10g AS contains Enterprise Edition.

here you can find a detail info

http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/ias/devuse.html

HTH

Radim
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi Radim

I knew about this otn page. did u have downloaded this and installed?. can we create database in this?
never give up
Radim Jarosek
Regular Advisor
Solution

Hi,

I haven't installed yet.

My experience told me, you can't install DB within AS.
You have to have Oracle Database Edition.

Radim
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

The Application Server need a Database to keep its infrastructure. As with the previous version (9iAS release2), the database will be created during your infrastructure installation.

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Neil Harris
Regular Advisor

Hi Ravi,

I have this installed and running on a production system. A database with the sid asdb is created during the install of 10g. This is for use by the AS and the oid, and forms the infra structure. Portal etc then use this for its metadata. Its not for general use, you need a seperate databas instance on another host. In fact oracle recomends that you run the infra structure and the apps on seperate host aswell, but it seems to run fine on the same host with the infra structure and portal running in different homes.

The database created is a 9i database, the release name 10g is a little misleading as its actually 9iAS release 2 version 9.0.4 which for mee sems to have fixed a lot of the problems in 9.0.2

Neil
An inveterate hacker