Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 7.X on 11.0

Gary Price
Occasional Contributor

Oracle 7.X on 11.0

Can anyone tell me if Oracle 7.X installed on a 64bit installation of HP-UX 11.0 is a supported configuration. I know 11.0 will run 32bit programs, I just want to make sure it is a supported config.

Thanks,
Gary
4 REPLIES
Berlene Herren
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle 7.X on 11.0

You may want to confirm with Oracle, but from what I can find at HP, Oracle 8.0.6, 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 for HP-UX 11 are available as 32-bit and
64-bit version. The 32-bit versions are fully supported on a 64-bit HP-UX 11.

Berlene
http://www.mindspring.com/~bkherren/dobes/index.htm
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

It is a supported configuration. We moved our production 7.3.4 databases to N-class servers last year. Of course, the better question is how much longer will it be before Oracle complete de-supports 7.3.4?
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
Alan Riggs
Honored Contributor

Just to confirm, we are presently running Oracle 7.3.4 under 64-bit HP-UX 11.00. 7.3.4 does not allow you to take advantage of larger memory address space available on a 64-bit OS, though.
Mark Paradowski
Occasional Visitor

We upgraded to 11.0 (64bit) a few months back. We are running both 7.3.4 and 8.1.6 (64bit) on the box. As far as Oracle goes I think they only support 7.3.4 on 11.0
What goes around comes around.