Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 8.1.7 on pa-risc 1.1 processors

John D'Ausilio
Occasional Advisor

Oracle 8.1.7 on pa-risc 1.1 processors

I've got a K200 that I wanted to set up ITO 7 on for the integration folks, except it appears that Oracle only has a 64-bit version on technet. Does anyone know if Oracle makes a 32-bit version, or should I tell my boss we need a newer HP box?
Too much is always better than not enough!
4 REPLIES
Helen French
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle 8.1.7 on pa-risc 1.1 processors

Hi,

Oracle does have 32 bit version applications. It is good to have a new system with new features.

HTH,
Shiju
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
MANOJ SRIVASTAVA
Honored Contributor

Hi John

Yes Oracle does have a 32 bit 8.1.7 version .We have lots of our system running them.

Manoj Srivastava
pap
Respected Contributor

HI John,
Oracle comes with 32 version. OFcourse because all the models of HP-UX are not supporting 64bit operating system......and we can not buy new machine just because of Oracle?????

-pap
"Winners don't do different things , they do things differently"
Ron Gordon
Advisor

I have a K200 with HP/UX 11 64 bit version and oracle 8.1.7 64 bit version. So if you can reinstall HP/UX 11 with 64 bits.