108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle 9.0.4 install error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stephen Badgett
Regular Advisor

Oracle 9.0.4 install error

got a message while trying to install 9i in Linux FC2 ...

Error in invoking target install of makefile /orca/oracle/product/9.0.4/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk

What does this error mean?

Steve
Not as is, is now
4 REPLIES 4
Helen French
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Oracle 9.0.4 install error

Could be a resource limitation issue. Try increasing 'maxdsize' kernel parameter (to 256 or 350MB?). Also, check your ulimit for the oracle user and set it to unlimited. I would also check the log files and see if any more details are available. Make sure you the installation was successful up to this level including for Java library.
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
Stephen Badgett
Regular Advisor

looking through
/orca/oracle/product/9.0.4/install/make.log

I found near the end of this logfile ...
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.3.3/libgcc_s.so: undefined reference to `dl_iterate_phdr@GLIBC_2.2.4'

It did look like the Java library install was ok
Not as is, is now
Stephen Badgett
Regular Advisor

Thank you for your help in finding where to look that helped get me by up to here ...

When the configuration tool came up near the last of the install I got this in the message detail in the (Oracle Database Configuration Assistant / Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant)...

Creating local database with SID "OEMREP"...
/orca/oracle/product/9.0.4/bin/dbca -progress_only -emca_internal -createDatabase -templateName Transaction_Processing.dbc -gdbName OEMREP.pharmcomp.com -sid OEMREP
/orca/oracle/product/9.0.4/bin/dbca: line 124: 12441 Segmentation fault

Ok what now?

Steve
Not as is, is now
Stephen Badgett
Regular Advisor

Just fixed it with by starting over. I did not have all the right the packages on the system too!

Works fine now thanks for all your help
Not as is, is now