108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oracle 9i slow response on DBMS_STATS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jakes Louw
Trusted Contributor

Feedback on this: apparently Oracle is adressing this in one of the patches, perhaps 9.2.0.6.
If you have access to Metalink, there's apparently info on this issue.
Thanks to all for your responses, points have been awarded.
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor
Solution

Sjaak,
If you found a specific metalink article to address this, then perhpas share it here and consider this topic closed?

If you consider this topic closed, as far as teh itrc is concerned, then why no mark some reply, any reply, with '8 points' just to show it is all done?

This metalink article might apply:

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showFrameDocument?p_database_id=BUG&p_id=3377706

Jakes Louw
Trusted Contributor

So gemaak, Hein.

I was not aware that assigning an 8-point or higher was the correct method of closure....
Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Well, maybe it is not the official way. I never read the 'itrc etiquete' documents.

In the left pane the 'bunny' is explained as:
"magical answer
Message with a response that solved the author's question"

I just thought it would be a good idea in general to assign that to some answer when the problem is essential solved or no longer followed up by the author. Even if it is not 'magical' or entirely solves the problem, it seems a useful flag.

You can also see the 0-7 and 8 - 10 point distrinction in your profile. There is a section 'my responses' (under 8), and 'my solutions (8 or more).

Met vriendelijke groetjes,
Hein.

(funny language that afrikaans :-).