108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle 9ir2 Hp-UX 11iv2 PA-RISC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fred Ruffet
Honored Contributor

Oracle 9ir2 Hp-UX 11iv2 PA-RISC

On Oracle website, I find oracle9iR2 for HP-UX and HP-UX I64. First one for PA-RISC, second for Itanium. But PA-RISC release pre-requisites verifications fails on my server : it asks for 11.00 or 11.11. I have 11.23...

Has it been deleted because it was too old ? Has it already existed ? Any clue would help.
--

"Reality is just a point of view." (P. K. D.)
8 REPLIES 8
Murat SULUHAN
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle 9ir2 Hp-UX 11iv2 PA-RISC

Hi Fred

Oracle 9iR2 is older than 11.23 so maybe documentation problem, anyway don't worry about it. Just install it

Murat
Murat Suluhan
Fred Ruffet
Honored Contributor

But it fails at installation du to an automatic verification (runInstaller aborts). I often see this when installing Oracle on many unsupported linux flavors, but on HP...

I suppose its verification is based on the result of `uname -r`. I could I change this to continue ?

--

Court Campbell
Honored Contributor
Solution

You could try editing the script, or for fun write a temp uname script that outputs 11.00.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Fred Ruffet
Honored Contributor

that's what I just did :)

grep -c B.11.11 install/*
=> install/oraparam.ini
I added B.11.23 on the good line, and it passed.

many thanks for your help.
--

Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi Fred,

you could also bypass the verifications by using the following switch:

runInstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs

hope this helps.

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Fat Scrape
Honored Contributor

Fred,

problably you are installing an oracle version for PA-RISC. Are you sure that you have downloaded the correct version for itanium machine?

I installed Oracle 9r2 in itanium native some years ago used for a OVO8 version.

You can download it from:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/htdocs/hpia64soft.html

Regards,

Fat

Fat Scrape
Honored Contributor

Fred,

sorry I read now that you have hpux 11i v2 pa-risc and not ia

Fat
Wim Rombauts
Honored Contributor

I don't see that you rtried the second option from Court Campbell : Write a little script named "uname" and add instructions like the following :
if [ "$1" = "-r" ]
then
echo "B.11.11
else
/usr/bin/uname $1
fi

Then change your path and set the directory where this script is saved as the very first in your path.

This type of workaround has already helped me installing another software that was very picky on the platform.