Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Database : Trigger limit in database

malay boy
Trusted Contributor

Oracle Database : Trigger limit in database

Hi,
Does anybody know whether there are limit on how many trigger could reside in the Oracle 8/9 database ?.I'm searching high and low in metalink but could not find any .
Please help

regards
mB
There are three person in my team-Me ,myself and I.
3 REPLIES
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle Database : Trigger limit in database

I don´t know any kind of limit for the number database triggers... The only limit I see is the storage limit: since each trigger is associated to a table, you must have space in the respective tablespac
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

i don't think that there mights be any limit to the number of triggers that you can create in particular database (8/9).

Likewise for any other database object. However, there might be a limit on the size of the trigger text...

..or the maximum value that the NUMBER datatype can take. (remember OBJ# NOT NULL NUMBER)

regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
twang
Honored Contributor

No, Oracle doesn't have such limit on number of trigger in database.