108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle Database VS Java

Shahbaz_1
Regular Advisor

Oracle Database VS Java

Hi Friends,
I don't know much about java.
I think we should know about it, because it has become an integral part of most of the software.

I just want to know in brief, about the

-- Relation of oracle with java?

-- Oracle Version and Java version Compatability?

and some more which is requied for an oracle person to know about java

Thanks in Adv

Regards
Shah
Let's share the great thing "THE KNOWLEDGE"
3 REPLIES 3
Sukant Naik
Trusted Contributor

Re: Oracle Database VS Java

Hi Shah,

As a Unix System Administrator and an Oracle DBA, you dont need to know much about Java, unless you are into programming.

Java is a pre-requisite for installations of Oracle. I have prepared cookbooks for Oracle installation. If you need I can forward it to you.

What you need to know about Java is the version for your version of Oracle. This information you can get easily from http://technet.oracle.com site.

Also, dont forget to install HP patches before installing Java or you will end up into lots of trouble.

-Sukant
Who dares he wins
Sukant Naik
Trusted Contributor

Hi Shah,

As a Unix System Administrator and an Oracle DBA, you dont need to know much about Java, unless you are into programming.

Java is a pre-requisite for installations of Oracle. I have prepared cookbooks for Oracle installation. If you need I can forward it to you.

What you need to know about Java is the version for your version of Oracle. This information you can get easily from http://technet.oracle.com site.

Also, dont forget to install HP patches before installing Java or you will end up into lots of trouble.

-Sukant
Who dares he wins
Shahbaz_1
Regular Advisor

Hi Sukant,

Thanks,

Well what I am trying to know is, not about java programming but in general, the knowledge obout java or jre, jvm etc.

Now most the installers are java based, specially the oracle one.

if we are requied to install java, then is there any compatability issue ?

----

Regards
Shah

Let's share the great thing "THE KNOWLEDGE"