New Discussion юеВ

Oracle Database auditory

SOLVED
Go to solution
jpcast_real
Regular Advisor

Oracle Database auditory

Hello,

I have an Oracle 9i running over hp-ux 11i .Many applications use this database and I am quite sure that any of them is making a really bad query which blocks my system . I must know what kind of queries this application makes . Is is possible to the db in auditory mode or something like that ?? How can I get a log file which tell me which transation has been executed in each moment??

Thanks
Here rests one who was not what he wanted and didn't want what he was
4 REPLIES 4
Alex Lavrov.
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle Database auditory

You can enable trace on some session and then examine it. Not very comfortable and requires some skills to understand it, you can see here how to do it:

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=oracle+trace+session

Or, the better option, if your company have some money, it's a good idea to buy monitoring tool. There are some great tools available like Precise (originaly from Israel, then Veritas, now Symantec), very very very good and also very expensive (can reach 80K) and there are some other less expensive, but also less featured by Quest (the father of Toad).

Alex.
I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way. (M. Twain)
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

hi Javier,

Look into the Statspack tool provided with Oracle.

If you take 15 minutes snap at the "peak" period, you should be getting a quite informative report on your database performance and what major problem areas exists on your system.

hope this helps!

kind regards
yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor
Solution

Javier

find attached a document from Oracle Metalink : Note:262946.1 "Performance Issues After Increasing Workload"

Regards
Jean-Luc
fiat lux
Ariel Cary
Frequent Advisor

Javier

You can take a look at v$sql. Zero in on buffer_gets and elapsed_time to find candidates for excesive LIO.
PIO is bad, but LIO is not that good. So if you find too much LIO for a particular query that could indicate the query is executing an inefficient plan, and usually a suitable index would solve this.

HTH,

ARC