Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Internet Developper Suite (9IDS) on HP-UX11i

Lor
Frequent Advisor

Oracle Internet Developper Suite (9IDS) on HP-UX11i

Any known installation issues for 9IDS 2.0 installation on 64bit HP-UX11i server using JDK1.3?
DBAs have compilation errors due to shared libraries not located in expected default include directories.

I found a "quick&dirty" workaround by manually linking
$ORACLE_HOME/jdk/jre/lib to $ORACLE_HOME/jdk/lib
but I would like to understand root cause.

Original symptoms was "jvm.sl" not found when recreating forms binaries using "ins_forms.mk" standard make file.
Same issue with other shared libraries using other make files (reports...).

Thanks you.
2 REPLIES
Yogeeraj_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle Internet Developper Suite (9IDS) on HP-UX11i

hi,

Quite strange, i was able to install and use the IDS on my installation and it works fine!

Did you specify the JDK_HOME to be /opt/java1.3 during some stage of the installation?

Also, are you using the command line compilation program? I prefer to use the script f90genm.sh - with all enviroment variables and paths properly defined.

E.g. f90genm.sh module_type=FORM module=/prod/myform.fmb userid=user/user@cmtdb compile_all=yes

regards
Yogeeraj
No person was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward for what he gave (clavin coolidge)
Lor
Frequent Advisor

Re: Oracle Internet Developper Suite (9IDS) on HP-UX11i

Thanks for your reply.
I will forward it to DBAs who did the install.